Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Air Purifier - a solution?


There seems like nothing is done by the Government except for "diplomatic" talks of persuasions which to a typical Malaysian like me seems painfully slow and ineffective.

In the meantime, I was wondering if air purifiers placed in my home would be of any use.

Did a search on lelong to find the cost of air purifiers between RM65-RM2000.

Here are it's features:
  • Filter Indicator ( to alert user to change HEPA Filter)
  • 3 speed mode ( High, Medium & Low speed can be set )
  • User friendly ( easy to change filter )
  • Timer ( to control usage of the system )
  • Light & portable ( 4.6 kg )
  • Dimension ( 410 x 430 x 215 mm )
  • HEPA filter - High-Efficiency Particulate Air filter (was originally used to to prevent the spread of airborne radioactive contaminants especially after a nuclear catastrophy)
  • Carbon filter - To trap bad odors, fumes and smoke.
  • Ionizer Pin - To Discharge Negative Ions for Fresher air
My question is whether the cost of the air purifier (in the above case: RM690) is worth it. How do I know if it will be effective against the current haze? That amount of money is equivalent to about year's Adsense profit which I've saved up. I'd gladly spent that if I have 100% confirmation it will clean up the air in my house.

It would be nice to breathe "normally" in my own home ..

No comments: